The State Workforce Investment Board has created a centralized location for workforce and economic information of the state. The SWIB Data Center brings together expertise and disparate datasets to provide access to high-quality, timely, and relevant information that supports everyday decision making and strategic planning in Mississippi.
The center has been designed as a management tool for developing, managing, and evaluating workforce and economic development initiatives throughout the state. The center provides research and evaluation capabilities to promote and expand the coordinated delivery of workforce, economic, and education services across the state with the goal of improving career-readiness and economic competitiveness.
General economic analyses and information available through the SWIB data center.
- Sector-Based Analysis
- Skill Gap Analysis
- Labor Market Analysis
- Population Demographic Characteristics
- Occupation and Wage Analysis
- Workforce and Economic Projections and Forecasts
- Program Performance Evaluation
- Career and Education Pathway Analysis
For additional information or to learn more about how the SWIB Data Center might be able to assist you, please complete the information request form.
The following sources have been used to generate the data displayed in the SWIB Data Center:
All data have been reviewed and tabulated by National Strategic Planning & Analysis Reasearch Center at Mississippi State University.
- Data: United States Census Bureau, American Community Survey, 2005-2009 5 Year Estimates
- Labor Market Data:
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages, 2000-2010
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics, 2010
- Mississippi Department of Employment Security, 2011